You are the spouse or child of someone who obtained Thai Citizenship through naturalization. You are the husband of a Thai wife. … If you fall into one these categories, you may be able to obtain Thai Citizenship after three years living on visa extensions, and without having obtained Permanent Residency (PR).
Can I stay in Thailand if I marry a Thai?
Things you need to know about the Thai marriage visa:
The Thai marriage visa holder is entitled permission to stay for a full year in Thailand without the need to exit the country. The visa is renewable every year and the renewal process can be done inside Thailand (requirements for the visa renewal still apply).
Is it hard to get Thai citizenship?
Becoming a citizen of Thailand is a lengthy and difficult process. Before even applying for citizenship, you need to be a permanent resident of Thailand for 5 years living there continuously, (which includes 3 years of owning a business in Thailand or working for a Thai company).
Can tourists get married in Thailand?
In Thailand it is legal for foreigners to marry either Thai citizens or other foreign nationals. The process is generally fairly straightforward. Certain paperwork is required, all of which must be translated into the Thai language and legalized pursuant to Thai law.
Is chewing gum illegal in Thailand?
3) It’s a punishable offence to throw (used) chewing gum on the pavement. I wouldn’t really class this one as silly – unusual, perhaps, but not an out-and-out silly one of the laws in Thailand. Plus, it’s one that’s definitely worth bearing in mind because there’s a pretty hefty fine if you get caught (nearly £400).
What does 555 in Thailand mean?
The number five in Thailand ห้า sounds like Ha. So, 555 = HaHaHa.
How can I marry a girl in Thailand?
Requirements for Thai Nationals:
- Identification Cards of both parties.
- The House Registration Certificates of both parties.
- Person filing has previously registered marriage – If divorced, proof of divorce must be shown; in the event of spousal death (the applicant is a widow or widower) proof must accompany application.
What if I overstay my visa in Thailand?
Overstaying your visa is illegal. If you overstay for a short period you will have to pay a fine. However, if you overstay for more than 90 days then it is a serious offence and the result will be you are deported from Thailand and banned from visiting again.
Can you just move to Thailand?
When moving to Thailand, you’ll need to get a visa – a requirement by Thai Immigration Law. Most people who move to Thailand do so with a tourist visa (valid for 60 days) or a non-immigrant visa which is initially valid for 90 days and which will then need to be extended through Thai Immigration.
Can I stay in Thailand for 1 year?
3. One Year Multiple Entry Non-immigrant Visa. The 1-Year Non-Immigrant Thai visa issued to foreigners who wish to obtain a long term visa to stay in Thailand. … This type of visa is valid for use within one year from the date of issue and can be extended to 3 months on or before the visa expiration date.