While rice is a staple, with nasi goreng (literally meaning “fried rice”) as a national dish, most of Indonesian cuisine is considered fattening. Here are the top, favourite dishes that are not only unique to the region but are healthy too!
What is the best food in Indonesia?
The 21 Best Dishes To Eat in Indonesia
- Nasi Goreng. An ever-popular and versatile recipe, you can encounter the Indonesian fried rice anywhere from humble street food carts to high-end restaurants. …
- Pempek. …
- Satay. …
- Rendang. …
- Bakso. …
- Tempeh. …
- Babi Guling. …
- Mie Aceh.
Who is the most famous person in Indonesia?
The most Indonesian celebrity of all, at around one million years old, is Pithecanthropus, also known as Java Man.
What is the number 1 healthiest food in the world?
So, having scoured the full list of applicants, we have crowned kale as the number 1 healthiest food out there. Kale has the widest range of benefits, with the fewest drawbacks when stacked up against its competitors.
What is the most popular Filipino food?
Most Popular Filipino Food: show
- Halo halo: the best Filipino dessert.
- Tapsilog: the King of the Filipino breakfast.
- Lechon: roasted suckling pig.
- Sinigang: sour meat stew.
- Kinilaw: raw fish salad.
- Kare Kare: oxtail stew.
- Balut: the Filipino Kinder surprise!
- Chicken adobo: the famous Filipino dish.
What kind of rice is used in Indonesia?
Indonesians typically eat steamed long-grain rice with their meals (sticky rice is usually used for desserts or sweet snacks). Indonesian rice isn’t exported, but jasmine or other long-grain rice may be substituted. From Padang, Indonesia, comes a recipe for making perfect steamed rice.