Evidenced-based policy actions for reducing health harms of air pollution in Indonesia include preventing peatland fires, promoting clean household energy, seeking alternatives to burning of open waste and agricultural residues, ensuring smoke-free environments, and developing and enforcing stricter emissions …
How can we solve air pollution in Indonesia?
- Improving the monitoring and measurement of the city’s air quality.
- Applying vehicle’s emissions test.
- Increasing the role of society in improving air quality.
- Developing environmentally friendly public transportation.
- Supplying more eco-friendly sources of fuel.
- Expanding areas free from motorized vehicles.
What are 5 ways we can stop air pollution?
Ways to Reduce Air Pollution
- Riding a bike or walking instead of driving.
- Taking a bus or carpooling.
- Buying a car that has greater fuel efficiency.
- Turning off lights and appliances when they are not in use.
- Using energy efficient light bulbs and appliances.
- Buying fewer things that are manufactured using fossil fuels.
What is the solution to stop the air pollution?
Reduce the number of trips you take in your car. Reduce or eliminate fireplace and wood stove use. Avoid burning leaves, trash, and other materials. Avoid using gas-powered lawn and garden equipment.
What are 10 ways to reduce air pollution?
Avoid paving over your garden – keep things green as much as possible. Conserve energy – turn off lights and electric appliances when not in use. Eat locally-sourced food to prevent your meals travelling miles to get to you. Run dishwashers and clothes washers only when full to save energy and water.
How does pollution affect Indonesia?
Long term effects include lung cancer, cardiovascular disease, chronic respiratory illness, and developing allergies. Air pollution is also associated with heart attacks and strokes.
What are effects of air pollution?
Long-term health effects from air pollution include heart disease, lung cancer, and respiratory diseases such as emphysema. Air pollution can also cause long-term damage to people’s nerves, brain, kidneys, liver, and other organs. Some scientists suspect air pollutants cause birth defects.
What is the conclusion of air pollution?
CONCLUSION. While the effects of air pollution on materials, vegetation, and animals can be measured, health effects on humans can only be estimated from epidemiological evidence. Most of the evidence comes from occupational exposure to much higher concentrations of pollutants than the general public is exposed to.
Which method is used for prevention and control of air pollution?
Incinerators, gravitational settling chambers, electrostatic precipitators, cyclone separators, selective catalytic reduction systems, fabric filters, biofilters, and scrubbers are the main air pollution prevention technologies.