Common ingredients include shrimp paste, fish sauce, bean sauce, rice, fresh herbs, fruit and vegetables. Vietnamese recipes also use lemongrass, ginger, mint, Vietnamese mint, long coriander, Saigon cinnamon, bird’s eye chili, lime, and Thai basil leaves.
What spices are used in Vietnamese cooking?
- Black Cardamom.
- Black Peppercorns.
- White Peppercorns.
- Coriander Seeds.
- Casia Bark.
- Fennel Seeds.
What oil is used in Vietnamese cooking?
Asian cook with peanut oil. Soybean oil is also very popular in Asia. Asia, the darker, toasted sesame oil made from white sesame seeds is preferred.
What is the most popular Vietnamese soup?
What to eat in Vietnam? 10 Most Popular Vietnamese soups
- Fish Soup. Vietnamese Sweet and Sour Soup(Canh chua cá) …
- Soup. Snail Noodle Soup(Bún ốc) …
- Noodle Dish. Fermented Fish Noodle Soup(Bún mắm) …
- Noodle Soup. Chicken Pho(Phở gà) …
- Noodle Dish. Vietnamese Thick Noodle Soup(Bánh canh) …
- Fish Soup. …
- Noodle Dish. …
- Noodle Soup.