How do you get from Bangkok to Phuket?
BANGKOK TO PHUKET BY TRAIN
- Make your way to Hua Lamphong Station. You can take the MRT to Hua Lamphong Station. …
- At Hua Lamphong Station take the train to Surat Thani. Travel time is between 8 hours 40 minutes to as long as 12 hours, depending on the train. …
- At Surat Thani Station, take a bus to Phuket.
Is it cheaper to fly to Bangkok or Phuket?
Fly into Bangkok
Bangkok’s international airport, Suvarnabhumi, is the cheapest airport in Thailand to fly into. On average, Hopper found it’s about $200 cheaper to fly into Bangkok than it is to fly into Phuket!
What airlines fly out of Bangkok?
Airlines flying from Bangkok
- Thai Airways (TG)41 destinations.
- Thai Smile (WE)23 destinations.
- Bangkok Airways (PG)18 destinations.
- Thai Vietjet Air (VZ)10 destinations.
- Emirates (EK)6 destinations.
- S7 Airlines (S7)5 destinations.
- Ethiopian Airlines (ET)5 destinations.
- Thai AirAsia (FD)5 destinations.
How far is Bangkok to Phuket by plane?
How far is Bangkok from Phuket? By air, it’s about 680kms (423 miles) from Bangkok to Phuket and there are around 50 flights per day, taking 1.5 hours. You can travel cheaper by bus but it’s a long journey, adding 165kms, so buses take between 12 to 15 hours.
Why is Phuket so popular?
There are many destinations in Thailand, but Phuket remains one of the most popular. The gorgeous beaches with their breathtaking sunsets, the warm climate all year, the vibrant nightlife and the friendly people certainly make it desirable. Its history of welcoming foreign traders also plays a central role.
Is Phuket or Bangkok better?
Phuket or Bangkok, which is better? That depends on what you’re looking to get out of your vacation. Looking for white beaches and tropical paradise, Phuket is for you. But if your idea of a perfect holiday is visiting the big city, love to shop or want to find the best nightlife going, then Bangkok is for you.
What month should you avoid Thailand?
When to avoid traveling in Thailand
Chiang Mai: If possible, avoid visiting from mid-February through early April. This is “burning season” and air quality can be quite bad. Similan Islands: The National Marine Park is closed between the months of November through March.
What is the cheapest day of the week to fly to Thailand?
According to cheapflights.com.au, the cheapest flights to Thailand are usually found when departing on a Monday. The departure day with the highest cost is usually on a Friday. Moreover, Thailand flights can be made cheaper if you choose a flight at noon. Booking a flight in the morning will likely mean higher prices.
What is the best airline to fly to Thailand?
Overall Best Airline
Out of all this information on the most comfortable, fastest, and budget-friendly airlines, the most well-rounded of all categories is Air China when flying to Thailand. It came in number one on some categories and number two in almost any other category.
Why are there no direct flights to Thailand?
Direct Flights to Bangkok are Not Profitable
Unfortunately for Thai, Bangkok is what’s known as a “low yield” destination, which means that profit is nearly impossible for a route like JFK to Bangkok nonstop, even under the best circumstances.
Are there any direct flights from the US to Bangkok?
Unfortunately, there are no nonstop flights available from any airports in the United States to Thailand. If Krabi is your ultimate destination, your best bet is to book a flight to either Suvarnabhumi Airport or Don Mueang Airport in Bangkok and then get a connecting flight to Krabi International Airport (KBV).
What countries have direct flights to Bangkok?
All airports that offer business class flights to BKK are listed below:
- Hong Kong (HKG) Hong Kong.
- Singapore (SIN) Singapore.
- Ko Samui (USM) Thailand.
- Tokyo (NRT) Japan.
- Seoul (ICN) South Korea.
- Tokyo (HND) Japan.
- Amsterdam (AMS) Netherlands.
- Manila (MNL) Philippines.
Which is better Bali or Phuket?
Both Phuket and Bali are renowned for their pristine beaches. While Bali offers an array of surfing and party beaches, Phuket features more tranquil settings. Bali is famous for beaches with great waves.
Where can I sleep in Phuket?
Where To Stay In Phuket: The Best Areas To Stay (Updated)
- For Couples & Families: North & South Patong.
- For Singles & Party-Hoppers: Central Patong.
- For Honeymooners, Couples & Families: Karon & Kata.
- For Culture & History Buffs: Phuket Old Town.
- For Luxury & Privacy: Bang Tao.