While the dish’s spiciness can vary based on the chef, typically, red curry is hotter than green. Red curry tends to be more versatile, while green is more unique in its flavors.
Is red or green Thai curry hotter?
Thai red curries are usually spicier than yellow curries but less spicy than green ones. It’s the red chillies in the paste that lend their colour to this curry.
What is the healthiest Thai curry?
Top 5 of the Healthiest Thai Food Orders
- Som Tum. Papaya salad makes for a great appetizer to a heavier meal. …
- Tom Yum Soup. This delicious soup is a staple of Thai cuisine. …
- Green Curry. Now, Thai curry is made with a combination of coconut milk, spices, herbs, and fish sauce, which makes it pretty dense. …
- Phad Thai. …
Is a Thai green curry healthy?
Green curry may be high in fat, but it’s also high in other protein and essential vitamins and minerals. … This dish combines chunks of chicken and aromatic vegetables with a broth of coconut milk, chicken stock and green curry paste.
How do you make Thai green curry hotter?
Fresh turmeric isn’t always found in green curry pastes, but it adds a rounded, peppery heat and depth to the colour of the finished dish. If fresh isn’t available, add ¼ tsp ground turmeric.
What color curry is the best?
The color of the chilies and other ingredients gives each curry its distinct hue.
- Traditionally, all Thai curries were made with the same ingredients except for one thing: the chilies. …
- Green curry is considered the most popular curry in Thai cuisine.
Can I use Thai green curry paste instead of red?
Thai red and green curry pastes can be used interchangeably. The flavour profile and intensity will be different but not necessarily in a bad way.