What are 3 interesting facts about Vietnam?
15 Interesting, Unusual and Fun Facts About Vietnam
- Fact 1: Snow in a tropical country. …
- Fact 2: Largest cave in the world. …
- Fact 3: Facts about the Vietnamese language. …
- Fact 4: Teachers are highly respected. …
- Fact 5: Ho Chi Minh’s embalmed body on display. …
- Fact 6: Incredible diversity of Vietnamese ethnic groups.
Can you hold hands in Vietnam?
Hold hands, but public physical displays of affection such as hugging and kissing are frowned upon. Smile, wave, and say xin chao (hello)!
How do you show respect in Vietnamese culture?
The Vietnamese generally shake hands both when greeting and when saying good-bye. Shake with both hands, and bow your head slightly to show respect. Bow to the elderly who do not extend their hand. Vietnamese women are more inclined to bow their head slightly than to shake hands.
How can I be respectful in Vietnam?
Etiquette and Manners in Vietnam
- Avoid public displays of affection with a member of the opposite sex.
- Do not touch someone’s head.
- Pass items with both hands.
- Do not point with your finger – use your hand.
- Do not stand with your hands on your hips.
- Do not cross your arms on your chest.
What are some traditional foods of Vietnamese culture?
- Chao: A warm rice porridge that can be eaten alone or with a meat.
- Banh Chung: A cake made of sticky rice, pork meat, and beans wrapped in a banana leaf.
- Pho: A popular soup of meat, green herbs, and rice noodles.
- Com tam: A dish consisting of a rice base topped with meat, vegetables, and egg.