The average wedding totals 500 guests and cost as much as Rp 300 million ($22,500 USD)—which is nearly five times the average annual income. But 500 guests is only a “medium-sized” wedding in Indonesia. Plenty of others have guest lists in the thousands, and celebrations that last for days on end.
How long is an Indonesian wedding?
Traditional Balinese weddings are complex, long, and rich in symbolism. They can take eight hours or more, involve walking from one part of town to another, and have ceremonial stages with many Hindu priests and prayers in different Hindu temples.
What is an Indonesian wedding like?
Indonesian traditional weddings are filled with cultural values inherited by both the bride and groom. … The groom then presents wedding gifts called seserahan to the bride’s family. Meanwhile, the bride has to stay in her room and can only be visited by women.
How can I get married in Indonesia?
The following documents must be completed:
- Copy of passport (both partners)
- Copy of birth certificate (both partners)
- Copy of proof of legal termination of any and all previous marriage, i.e., Absolute Divorce Decree (If applicable) or Death Certificate;
- Copy of passports of two witnesses;
Who pays for weddings in Asia?
In traditional Chinese weddings, the groom’s side is supposed to pay for the wedding. But in the States, the bride’s family is expected to pay.
Can an American marry an Indonesian?
The U.S. government has no record of marriages that occur outside of the U.S. Indonesian authorities require all non-Indonesian citizens to obtain a Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage from their Embassy prior to marriage in Indonesia.
How can I marry an Indonesian girl?
There is no restriction to marry the girl in Indonesia but you may approach the Indian embassy at Indonesia for getting married to her under the provisions of special marriage act and get married there by completing the requisite formalities as is required by Indian laws.
How do you wish a marriage?
Formal Wedding Wishes
- “May the years ahead be filled with love and joy.”
- “May your love grow stronger each and every passing year.”
- “Thank you for letting us share in your special day. …
- “Here’s to a lifetime full of happiness and love.”
- “Wishing you well as you embark on this next chapter of life.